Petzl Croll Rope Access Chest Ascender
The Croll chest ascender is another rope access and Rescue staple from Petzl. The name Croll is used as a term for all chest ascenders. It has become more compact over the years and the latest version finds a stainless steel liner in the rope channel for greater strength and durability.
Apart from being a great chest ascender for any rope access or rescue harness, the Croll works very well as rope grab in hauling systems. Just remember not to shock load it!
- Compact, lightweight chest rope clamp
- Used with the ASCENSION handled rope clamp for rope ascents
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimises performance under any conditions (frozen or muddy ropes...) The stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion
- The rope channel is reinforced with stainless steel for greater durability
- Catch is opened by pinching for simple, quick manipulation
- Lower hole is angled to keep the device flat
- Upper hole for attaching a SECUR shoulder strap to keep the rope clamp in position
- Material(s): aluminium, stainless steel, nylon
- Weight: 85 g
- Rope compatibility: 8 to 11 mm
- Certification(s): CE EN 567, CE EN 12841 type B, EAC